paramX attributes

Michael Heca michael.heca at email.cz
Fri Jun 15 22:53:36 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 09:00:05PM -0600, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> What and why are you using gslgen thou? (i'm just curios)

It's for example. It's c executable based on iMatix library with XML
support. It's very small and fast.

> You would prefer;
>
> <config>
>     <dir>&buildDir;/&ed-dir;</dir>
>     <param1>--prefix=/usr</param1>
> </config>

No. It's same trouble with editing and DTD specification as with numbered
attributes.

> If we just used multiple <param>'s so like;
>
> <config>
>     <dir>&buildDir;/glibc-build>
>     <param>--prefix=/usr</param>
>     <param>--enable-add-ons</param>
>     <param>--libexecdir=/usr/bin</param>
> </config>
>
> Which (i think) is what your saying, is there any way to garauntee that
> a specific option will come first? and for that matter? does it really
> matter?

Yes. Order is defined by position in XML source.

> Using more tags and less attributes will make the XML look nicer (at
> least, imo) but it will also make the XML bigger and longer.

You may define it as <param _="--prexix.."/>. It's litter smaller ;)
Dir may by attribute.

I prefer Minmal XML, whitch is subset of XML defined in
http://www.docuserve.com/smldev/minxmlspec.html

It's suported by simple XML parser, whitch can bee staticaly linked into C
backend.

I don't know is complex parsers, like expat, can bee staticaly linked to run
backend on other system or fit it na floppy?
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org