Some thoughts

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Jun 15 21:28:49 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 12:43:39AM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Just remember that make the application portable across a maximum number of
> distributions will be a very hard thing to do. Often portability has to be a
> tradeoff for something else.

uh..what would we have to tradeoff? generally i've always believed that
if you think things over before actually implementing anything, nothing
is impossible.

We are talking about linux distrobutions here (for the most part, afiak)
so apart from file system layout and different versions of software,
going from distrobution to distrobution is fairly standard.

What would we loose if we pushed for maximun portability?

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org