Moving on

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jun 14 15:55:32 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:18:27PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> I still don't get how our XML profile is any different from a shell script.
> That's my main concern.

Well, yes, all the XML Profiles right now are doing is executing a bunch
of commands in a specific order, *but*, what makes this so different
from a shell script?

It's XML, almost every single language has a way to parse it and could
in fact either become a fe or be, with a little hacking, if it was done
in a shell script, we would be limited to that single interface. (that
being a shell)

At least with XML it's in a generic format, which once a DTD is written
anything could parse it, which in the long run, is alot more important.

There wont be any "language" barrier (as you guys keep going on with
which one would be best to go with), etc...

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org