Some thoughts

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jun 14 15:46:21 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 12:52:45AM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> You know my stance on this point: perl is perfectly compiler-agnostic
> (assuming you have a working perl binary). ;)

Generic perhaps, but... as you know, there are some people that don't
even have perl installed on there system, anyways, enough language
stuff, we can talk about this issue after more presing priorities are
sorted out (and by then, hopefully it wont be an issue ;)

> Upgrading has always been a nightmare with every package management system.
> If we could fix that problem, then ALFS would be of incredible value. But I
> wonder how we could...

Dunno, ever used Debian's apt-get? when used right i've never had it
mess up my system, and i've had it upgrade everything and anything,
include glibc, etcetc... but yeah, that will be a mess when we get
around to it.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org