Moving on

RoryO roryo at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 13 21:52:19 PDT 2001

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 19:39, you wrote:
> : On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:52:52 -0700, Andy wrote:

<---snip--->
> :
> Leaves Python - http://www.python.org/. All the necessary (XML) libraries
> are there, it's a popular language, it's light, it is available on
> multiple architectures, it is a "maintainable language" (it promotes
> maintainable code), it can be localised relatively easily through support
> for Unicode, it has bindings to Qt. And I would be happy to contribute to
> a Python backend :-)

Yes I was thinkiing Python as well, not just due to the fact that it is the
only progarmming laguage that i am conversent in at the moment, but it's got
all the components needed - as you mentioned - but due to the fact that it is
the closest language that linux has to a RAD package.

It also has gnome bindings as well.  So graphic frontends can be written for
all the major GUI's.

My 2.02 cent (including GST)

How do you tell a happy motorcyclist? Look for the bugs betwwen the teeth. ;)
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org