Moving on

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 13 20:08:21 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 22:08, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> If you want to maintain the perl implementation then go right ahead, the
> only reason it is being let go is because i don't want to support it and
> all the old perl developers haven't been heard from.

To be really honest, and not wanting to offence anybody, I don't like the old
ALFS.pm. I think it was made as if to show what could be done, but couldn't
be made into a polished product without rewriting from scratch. Now that we
know what can be done, and have some hint about how it can be done, we can
start writing a new one, with a good design in our head.

My steps suggestion:

1) Write the DTD.
2) Write the design docs.

(I think 1 and 2 can be done at the same time.)

3) Code.

We must wait for 1 and 2 to be finished before we can attack step 3, which
will be subdivided, naturally. I just want to make clear that we need some
kind of map before we start on a trip.

--
Simon Perreault -- Public key: http://nomis80.linuxfromscratch.org/nomis80.gpg
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org