Moving on

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 13 11:08:09 PDT 2001

> YES! Come to pappa!  However the problem is, if ALFS is going to LSB based we
> are going to have major problems by using non-sysv... :(    But other that
> that, YES!... good idea, i'll put it on my Dang-thats-a-good-idea list.

ALFS _can_ be LSB based but only if you feed the lsb profile. That's the
whole idea here. Feed a different profile and you can end up with an
exact replica of a Redhat system, right up to an RPM database, rpm
binary and so forth. Or create an BSD like system using a different
profile. LSB isn't playing a role here. Sure the LSB profile will be
sysv based, but other profiles can easily be whatever-we-want.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org