Moving on

Thomas Krennwallner krennwallner at aon.at
Wed Jun 13 04:07:21 PDT 2001

On Wed Jun 13, 2001 at 11:39:43AM +0200, the boisterous
Stefan Hoffmeister <linuxfromscratch.mailinglist at Econos.de>
wrote to me:
> TCL is mostly dead. Ruby is nice, but not really popular (yet) except in
> Japan, Perl (IMHO) is a mess to read and maintain. [All of this is a gross
> oversimplification]

I cannot aggree more with that.

> Leaves Python - http://www.python.org/. All the necessary (XML) libraries
> are there, it's a popular language, it's light, it is available on
> multiple architectures, it is a "maintainable language" (it promotes
> maintainable code), it can be localised relatively easily through support
> for Unicode, it has bindings to Qt. And I would be happy to contribute to
> a Python backend :-)

I would also use python for alfs development.

so long
Thomas

--
  ___    Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around.
_/___\     - W. Richard Stevens
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org