Moving on

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Jun 12 21:22:56 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 12:31:59PM +0800, Tio Hiap Ho wrote:
> I agree with Jesse... some planning need to be done before we start... at
> least we have some kind of direction... and goal... but the plan don't have
> to be detailed as we'll never finish arguing about the tiny tiny detail...

That was problably the first mistake i did.

I *assumed* that most of you guys were not interested with whatever i
first when't with, mostly because this list has been so dead. (and #ALFS
has been so quiet *sniff*)

Well, you guys sure proved me wrong, with a nice ~45 email thread in a
matter of hours going on about the best way to start development again.

So yes, i think we need to at *least* outline everything and how it is
expected to work, this isn't a single developer project where everything
is left up to him todo, there are a number of different people
interested in helping out, so steps need to be taken to make sure that
it is done properlly.

Now.. neither do i want to go overkill on this either, so the famous
battle of finding the balance is in order =)

I'm glad to see, even so early on, you guys have kicked me in the ass
for not paying attention to the most important thing; the community will
always speak up when if feels ignored (which i think i did ;) (you would
think i would have learned this by now!)

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org