Moving on

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Jun 12 20:33:13 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:49:19PM -0400, Andy wrote:
> Has the syntax been finalized?  If not I had some ideas for changes... Last
> falll/winter I was playing with my own versions of the profiles and came up
> with some ideas to make them less bulky.

No, it hasn't, i have issues with the way the syntax is done now.. so we
need to talk about this also. (and i don't even know how all the syntax
in the present perl implementation(s) work)

> I say let everyone code up a frontend/backend in whatever language they like
> and let the best man/code win.  You can forever discuss the merits of one
> language over the other, just do it.  I was using my own simpler (but far
> less complete) perl fe/be before I dropped out of it for a while.  Once you
> actually start it's not brain surgery.

Well, i think it's more of an issue now of making an IPC/Protocol and
start defining how things will work, because once that is done, it
really wont matter what language it's writted in.

> FYI, I would try and help support a C version of ALFS.  Only because that is
> what I am most comfortable with.  There is a lot less text processing than
> one may think here.  I believe the expat library does all the hard stuff.

Here's to that!

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org