Moving on

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 12 20:10:19 PDT 2001

> Ah, one more thing that I don't understand about the move to C/C++: Perl is
> good for text-oriented tasks, and ALFS is clearly 100% text-oriented, we
> could almost say mathless. And ALFS has tremendous support for XML, more than
> we could ever hope for. And Perl is good. And we don't need speed, so C/C++
> would only make things harder to do, because ALFS is, relatively speaking, an
> easy thing.

On top of what else is being said:
to maintain the perl code we need a perl coder
Jesse can't/doesn't want to code in perl, so who's left? Nobody. If
there is nobody left to code in perl, then we have to get rid of it.

If we want to maintain, we need a perl coder.

Simple math, we just need a 'coder'. Do you want to be the coder?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org