Moving on

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 12 18:58:49 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 20:22, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> > I prefer learning C than Perl so go on. But please no C++.
>
> learning C? hrm, no C++? wanna elaborate? (do you want to help to
> actually develop the fe/be/ALFS?)

Ah, one more thing that I don't understand about the move to C/C++: Perl is
good for text-oriented tasks, and ALFS is clearly 100% text-oriented, we
could almost say mathless. And ALFS has tremendous support for XML, more than
we could ever hope for. And Perl is good. And we don't need speed, so C/C++
would only make things harder to do, because ALFS is, relatively speaking, an
easy thing.

--
Simon Perreault -- Public key: http://nomis80.linuxfromscratch.org/nomis80.gpg
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org