Moving on

Andy atark at thepipeline.net
Tue Jun 12 18:49:19 PDT 2001

Yes, It happens to everyone.

A couple of comments/questions, forgive me if I've missed something but I've
been out of touch for a while.

Has the syntax been finalized?  If not I had some ideas for changes... Last
falll/winter I was playing with my own versions of the profiles and came up
with some ideas to make them less bulky.

I say let everyone code up a frontend/backend in whatever language they like
and let the best man/code win.  You can forever discuss the merits of one
language over the other, just do it.  I was using my own simpler (but far
less complete) perl fe/be before I dropped out of it for a while.  Once you
actually start it's not brain surgery.

FYI, I would try and help support a C version of ALFS.  Only because that is
what I am most comfortable with.  There is a lot less text processing than
one may think here.  I believe the expat library does all the hard stuff.

--Andy
atark at thepipeline.net

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org