Moving on

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 12 18:06:59 PDT 2001

> I'm not sure if this has been asked or decided upon before, but what license
> will you be releasing the code under?

Well, if you code it, you can pretty much decide on your own license. If
you don't know what to choose or you don't care about it really, you
could use the license the LFS-Book is using right now and all material
created by me and Jesse will be released under the same license, which
is the BSD license (i'm speaking for Jesse right now because I'm assuming
he agrees with me on this one. I can be wrong of course and Jesse could have
his own idea, so feel free to correct me here Jesse). Why BSD? It's less
restrictive than GPL is. Is it a good thing for ALFS? I believe it is.
We have a license discussion in the past and Mark Stone has advised us
to use the BSD license. If you want to read about it, follow this URL:
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2000/09/0048.html

Or the entire thread:
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2000/09/0040.html

--