Moving on

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Jun 12 17:56:43 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:06:59PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Well, if you code it, you can pretty much decide on your own license. If
> you don't know what to choose or you don't care about it really, you
> could use the license the LFS-Book is using right now and all material
> created by me and Jesse will be released under the same license, which
> is the BSD license (i'm speaking for Jesse right now because I'm assuming
> he agrees with me on this one. I can be wrong of course and Jesse could have
> his own idea, so feel free to correct me here Jesse). Why BSD? It's less
> restrictive than GPL is. Is it a good thing for ALFS? I believe it is.
> We have a license discussion in the past and Mark Stone has advised us
> to use the BSD license. If you want to read about it, follow this URL:

Yep, i agree, you just happened to beat me on the response ;)

I have been using the OSI Approved BSD license from there website
(modified of course);

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.html

Which is here;

http://cvs.highos.com/index.cgi/profiles/base/3.0/LICENSE?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup