Moving on

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 12 12:00:51 PDT 2001

Hi guys,

It's high time we pick up ALFS again. It's been pretty dead lately and
that needs to change. Everything is in order now with the new LFS server
which will make it easier to run the ALFS project. There's going to be a
small organizational change in ALFS.

I want to invest more time in ALFS but I don't have that much time to
actually run ALFS in full, thoroughly test all the code contributed,
etc. To that end Jesse will take charge of that aspect and he'll be the
one you guys will be talking and reporting to mostly.

We had a perl thing going, but from the looks of it, that won't be
maintained anymore. Jesse has been trying to get in touch with the
people who have been working on the perl backend but no response that
yet. Jesse mentioned that he wants to work on a C or C++ backend. He'll
have to provide more details on that himself when he reads this.

You've already read by now that the other alfs mailinglists will be
shutdown for now until such time that there's a real need again for such
a list. I'll shut down these lists either tonight or tomorrow in the
morning.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org