cp -R and cp -a

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Jun 9 07:13:11 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 02:01:26PM +0200, didbaba wrote:
> First problem I encountered, can we pass -R or -a option in the copy tag. The syntax text just give two attribute   "dir" and "source" and "destination".

First though would be no, because the tags are suppose to be independed
of the implementation (aka ALFS may or may not use (system/host)
commands so -R/-a is fairly depanded on the actually commands on the
system)

Like.. if ALFS was coded in C, everything could be done with internal
calls, etc, never touching outside programs, etc..

I will take a closer look at the src code and tell ya in a bit, need to
properlly wake up first thou :)

> If no, I suppose I must use the system_command tag, right ?

yup.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org