cp -R and cp -a

didbaba didbaba at free.fr
Sat Jun 9 05:01:26 PDT 2001

I'm rewriting a 3.0-pre3 profile using Jesse pre2 profile.

First problem I encountered, can we pass -R or -a option in the copy tag. The syntax text just give two attribute   "dir" and "source" and "destination".

If no, I suppose I must use the system_command tag, right ?
(I try to read the handler file to understand but i must learn Perl before :))

Another related problem : is there a difference between :
cp -a $LFS/usr/src/linux/include/linux/asm $LFS/usr/include
and
mkdir $LFS/usr/include/asm && cp -a $LFS/usr/src/linux/include/asm/* $LFS/usr/include/asm

--
didbaba