It's time to start, 3.0 ?

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jun 7 19:57:52 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 12:27:34PM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> You are not alone  :)

I lost track how many builds i've done... :)

> yea, it's been slow, compounded by the recent server issues, etc...  :/

That will be changing thou, now that things are back to normal..well
kinda, still lots of things to sort out, but most things are back online
now (aka CVS for one, etc)

> 	check out http://quasar.highos.com/ALFS/  This is all the most recent
> stuff, including 'highos-profiles' which Jesse has worked very hard on.  I
> can tell you the 2.4.4 profiles are very stable and work quite splendedly.
> The last I heard, the 3.0-PRE profiles are working, but have couple of
> things not quite right, so read through carefully before blindly jumping in.
> ;)  The 'ALFS-0.0.7.tar*' is the latest ALFS code, which differs from the
> cvs in that it is client/server type app.  This means that the backend is
> run seperatly and you run the front end as `frontend /path/to/profile.xml`.

And most recent stuff can always be found in my CVS repository;
http://cvs.highos.com/index.cgi/profiles/  allthough i haven't updated
the profiles since i originally released them, i do plan on doing so in
the next couple of days.

There should be some new news posted on alfs-discuss in the next couple
of days, so stay tuned.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org