It's alive! Only no eth0 8-(

Paul Campbell paul at cmm.uklinux.net
Mon Jul 16 00:00:21 PDT 2001

It's very late and I need to go to bed, but my LFS system is booting and
running, just not see my ethernet card.

The host system i686 mdk8.0 sees it as:

ne2k-pci.c:v1.02 10/19/2000 D. Becker/P. Gortmaker
  http://www.scyld.com/network/ne2k-pci.html
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:0c.0
eth0: RealTek RTL-8029 found at 0xec00, IRQ 11, 00:C0:DF:F8:A5:2C.

but after enabling everything similar looking (including both NE2000PCI &
Realtek cards) in the kernel menuconfig I can't get it to see the card.

Any suggestions as to how a pampered Mandrake user can approach this problem?

If you need more boot info I'll send full "dmesg" output.

--
Paul Campbell
http://www.cmm.uklinux.net/
paul at cmm.uklinux.net