ALFS from scratch

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Jul 10 16:53:03 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:58:30PM -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Ok, how good my scripts need to be in order to be noticed?

I have no idea :)

That's one the hardest things todo, to gain users and attention, if you
can do that, well...

> How are you going to change XML profiles into installed packages?

http://alfs.linuxfromscratch.org/intro/
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2001/06/
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2001/07/

.From the sounds of it, you haven't actually tried ALFS yet, so i'll
point you out to this article;

http://community.linuxfromscratch.org/article.pl?sid=01/05/08/1449233

> I think XML should be used in ALFS exaclty the same as it is used in the
> book.
> XML becomes HTML, TXT, PDF, or whatever, but the user doesn't need openjade
> nor any of the necesary tools, the user can download the formated book and
> nothing special is needed. So in ALFS we can have XML profiles that get
> converted
> into usable bash scripts that could work perfectly by themselves without
> anything special.

uh..what would be the point of that? :)

Id prefer to just maintain them in _one_ format, not needed to convert
them..but anyways.

Anyways... we have agreed (afiak, anyways ;) that we are sticking with
XML and the way we are doing things now, please check the last two
months of the mailing list archives for details. (there were a few ppl
working on a summary of what was discussed not too long ago, not sure if
they finished it thou)

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org