ALFS from scratch

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Mon Jul 9 08:51:37 PDT 2001

"Felipe Contreras" <revo at mailandnews.com> wrote:
> > But, using bash shell scripts, isn't something the official ALFS
> > implementation is going with, instead we are going with XML Profiles :)
>
> I think bash shell scripts are going to be needed at some point. I think
> shell scripts can
> do the job completly, so why anything else?, do the things as simple as you
> can, and no simpler.

We had a really long discussion about this not too long ago - probably
covering the same reasons that you see - here is the thread:

Re: moving on   --start with this message and then search for related.  There
is a _lot_ of material about this discussion.

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2001/06/0032.html

Please read these and related threads in the archive before responding.  It is
futile for us to keep going over the same ground.

--
Corey Cox.
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org