ALFS from scratch

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jul 5 10:34:06 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 10:20:40PM -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> I've read the last messages in the ml and I'm happy you finally decided to
> start everything again. I've done some work on my own way to get a working
> LFS automatically. I've already mentioned on this ml my scripts that are
> bash based scripts but no one seems to support them, so here is what I
> purpose:

There's _alot_ of ALFS-like systems using bash based shell scripts.

Don't feel offended if nobody takes notice, i can't even count how many
there are (i think i did once.. it was like ~20 and that was 4 months
ago)

Actually.. i think those that do end up taking notice, usually just fork
whatever they start with and write there own after that.

But, using bash shell scripts, isn't something the official ALFS
implementation is going with, instead we are going with XML Profiles :)

Anyways, have a good one.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org