Profile syntax ideas, comments?

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jul 5 09:50:16 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 07:33:27PM -0400, atark at thepipeline.net wrote:
> One thing we should add to the profile syntax is certain "global" variables.
> These should be utilized by the backend as default values.  For example:
>
> (yes I know this may not be quite valid XML syntax but it gets the idea
> across)

Actually i know Gerard wants to go this way, it would make the syntax so
much more cleaner..

> Proposed ed profile:
>
> <!ENTITY archive "$name-$ver.tar.bz2">
> <!ENTITY configdir "$builddir/$name-$ver">

This is suppose to be valid XML, iirc, right?

Hrm.. doesn't seem to parse properlly (i was playing with that idea the
other day) with libxml2 thou.

> Ideas, comments, flames...

Allthough, right now.. unless anyone has any objections i want to just
get a table profile syntax, without any jazz, because i'm almost ready
to rock and roll (coding wise) as i have everything i need, all the
pieces are here now, just need to put them together.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org