ALFS from scratch

Felipe Contreras al593181 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Sun Jul 1 21:20:40 PDT 2001

Hi,

I've read the last messages in the ml and I'm happy you finally decided to
start everything again. I've done some work on my own way to get a working
LFS automatically. I've already mentioned on this ml my scripts that are
bash based scripts but no one seems to support them, so here is what I
purpose:

ALFS, can consist of a C backend, and a bash front-end (kind of mine one).

The key features of my scripts are:

* Autogenerated scripts.
** Easy, natural and fast implementation of new packages (profiles). **
* Install automatically any package.
* Fancy working, logs on each step, colors, etc.

The missing features are:

* Copy new bash, logout and chroot on an fancy way.
* Automatically upgrade acording to xml LFS book's commands.

I've really hard-worked on my scripts and work great for me, I can install
automatically everything, but unfortunatelly no one has liked this so If
anyone is interested on this I can clean out my scripts for you and provide
them.

Cheers.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org