alfsgroup

SamBC sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 08:41:29 PST 2001

I don't know about other countries, but in the UK a group is deemed to
exist as soon as it is distinguishable to people, ie. that there is
'perception' of it, and although it's foggy if limited to that, having a
document describing the existence (a constitution) even if not legally
witnessed/notarised/whatever is considered definite existence when
coupled with perception.

This may not work for anything other than non-registered-charity NPO's
though, and there are conventions which may or may not be law (anyone
who knows UK law enough to know their rights knows that it is based on
assumptions that are not literally provided a lot of the time, and
convention does the job).

SamBC