TODO list?

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Thu Jan 25 13:38:13 PST 2001

On Thursday 25 January 2001 23:30, you wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've recently found myself with some extra time on my hands, and I'd like
> to put it to good use.  Anything I could be doing to further the alfs
> project?
>
> I see there are people working steadily on the perl back-end, and I've
> spoken to HIghoS on IRC before about boot cd's.
>
> I am experienced at creating bootable cd's, is anyone working on a "base"
> live cd to run the install tool?  (I think Jesse was, but I'd be able to
> help out.)  I know I could work on that.  Sorry, but I don't know much
> about XML, (or perl yet, but I'm learning!) so I don't see myself being
> much help on the actual install tool/XML parser.
>
> Let me know, I'm eager to get to work (idle hands ... devils playground...
> yada yada...)
>
> vmann

Yea a bootable cd would be good. Find out if David has his install
script put together, so you could use that also.

I figure the cd would need

package tarballs
profiles wanted
alfs enviroment. (this I am still not sure what all is/is not needed)

I think you could make the enviroment like you would your LFS,
and then just burn that who directory, make the cd boot off that
enviroment? If you can get that install script, then boot off of that?

Have fun.
Bryan

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org