where to start?

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Mon Jan 22 20:31:57 PST 2001

On Monday 22 January 2001 22:28, you wrote:
> Sorry, this has got to be a common question but I can't seem to find
> anything.
> Whats needed to try ALFs.  I have all the LFS 2.4.3 downloads what else do
> I need to download and to try it?  Or is it even that far along yet? I'm
> new to Linux and to LFS but I have one PII system that is dedicated to
> Linux and messing around and 20gig partition on another PII for the same.

I would first start with just going through the LFS book, and learning
how the system is put together. Doing all the commands manually is a
great way to learn what is going on. After you get through the book,
ALFS won't seem as big, obnoxious, well maybe it will, and you might
even have ideas of how to modify it for your needs... Being new to
Linux and LFS though, I would start with the LFS book first.

Have fun.

Bryan

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org