ALFS Progress (was: Re: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory)

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Jan 19 04:42:15 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 04:38:26PM +0100, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> Since I first read about ALFS I was intressted in helping. I would like to do
> some coding. I have skills in Java, and assembler, and am currently improving
> C/C++. I still have to look in GUI development under linux (especially
> interessted in qt). Then I have to get a bit more knowledge about XML/SGML.
> This is all on top of my todo list, and I will be ready to start some serious
> work on all this next year (huh, sounds very far away, but is only two more
> weeks).

Coolness..

> Until now I didn't realy see the starting point, but if the coding starts,
> don't hesitate to ask, I would like to help.

If your still interested i'll make sure to get back to you on this.

The only thing i originally wanted todo for ALFS was a Qt (now
Qt-Embedded) Frontend... i know Richard Stellingwerff (Remenic on #LFS)
will be helping me out coding it, and perhaps Bryan Dumm if i can con
him into picking up C++/Qt again ;)

Development will problably start soon, as the backend is coming along
quite good (you guys go, Bryan and Neven are doing a great job =) and
the next two major things we have to talk are IPC/messaging between
the frontends and backends and making a test front-end.

Anyways, i'll spare the list anymore ramblings...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org