ALFS may go NASA

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 9 18:39:37 PST 2001

Read this one, it's on slashdot's front page right now:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/01/09/1115219&mode=thread

The guy just contacted me and he really wants to put LFS on those hundreds
and hundreds of desktops and of course not manually. He wants a cd that can
install LFS + X + KDE2 on it (aka kde-desktop-profile).

I've of course replied to him that we are working on ALFS, explained what
ALFS is and how it can benefit him. I suggested him to subscribe to the
various alfs lists to stay on top of develoment, perhaps help us develop the
alfs tools and so forth.

I told him that we just started developing recently so we need some time to
finish our tool set. Hopefully he has the time to wait that long and can help
us. ALFS on hundreds of machines would be an awesome field-test, wouldn't it.
Let's wait and see what comes out of this. First big time ALFS user ;)

Yes I'm all excited about it.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org