ALFS Progress (was: Re: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory)

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jan 4 16:19:47 PST 2001

Yo,

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 04:08:41PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > better late than never... sorry, I was going through a 500 e-mail
>
> ;)

500? that it's... i got 500 emails in two days (you don't want to see my
mailbox right now :)

> I have not heard anything from Jesse on that one yet, perhaps I missed an
> email from Jesse or Bryan or whatever's happening on that one. So without
> offending Jesse I'm assuming "leadership" over the ALFS project again. I will
> delegate this 'task' again to somebody as I delegated it to Jesse when ALFS
> was started as soon as I've found a suitable person. I won't just 'hand out'
> the ALFS leadership role to anybody. I need to know that person myself and
> have had some dealings with that person. Bryan and I are there up front now
> taking charge of ALFS and getting things rolling. Some day I will step down a
> step or two because I expect to become rather busy in the future with non-LFS
> work. We'll see about that, perhaps it won't be as busy as it looks. There
> are only a few million factors that the 'business' depend on ;)

I haven't retracted my offer, i just left the thread going as we are all
running around on holidays (ok, well i'm on holidays in Ottawa ;) and i
was going to respond to everyone before i took off but i never got
around to it (i traded it for 8 hours of sleep before leaving :)

Anyways, i'm going to be visiting Ger&Bev in Toronto sometime next week
and a little later Bryan in Columbus and would like to talk to them in
person about this, but anyways, have to run yet again, damn i miss
having access to 'net 24x7 back in Canmore =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org