2.4.4 profile

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Wed Jan 31 20:15:47 PST 2001

> > When 3.0 comes out, I would suggest keeping this older version in CVS.
> > If you agree, we should probably rename it, or something like that ?
>
> Would it be a good idea to set version numbers on the (various?) base
> profile(s); have a release manager person; etc...?
>
> If yes, then how and who?

I think the "release manager" should really be a database, not a person.
Since gerard is putting LFS into xml, I think we should go automated
for 3.0. I have made a profile2database script already that I will check
in after Michel fixes the XML::Twig-XML::Parser No Entity handler problem.
I don't think it is much more to go from a profile2database to
lfsbook2database. Would keep things synched up much more...

For our profiles directory, I think a simple 2.4.4 dir listing and then
putting the profiles in the directory would suffice....

Bryan

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org