2.4.4 profile

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Jan 31 16:53:59 PST 2001

Yo,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 07:27:04PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I'd just use /tmp and symlink /usr/tmp and /usr/local/tmp and /var/tmp and
> /usr/var/tmp and whatever to that dir. It's not a very important dir, just
> temporary files so I tend to keep them all in one dir which makes for easier
> clean up. Give it mode 1777 (don't forget the 1 there, so you can't remove
> other people's files which you normally would be able to due to the
> world-write bit).

Re-read chapter 4 in the book, /usr/local/tmp is created, but not given
proper permissions, i also noticed this when i converting it a profile.

Neven, so impatient, lemme know next time so we don't do double work,
i haven't had a chance to test the profiles yet, which is why they
aren't in CVS... i was actually just going to email them and ask if
you wanted todo a test run (as i know, you were itching to have these a
couple of days ago ;)

But anyways... i'm late, as always :P

PS, Dude.. if you get the chance, you should hop on IRC
(#ALFS/irc.linuxfromscratch.org) sometime..

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org