2.4.4 profile

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 31 16:27:04 PST 2001

> BTW, can I trade it for X/KDE profile ? ;) Does this thing even exist ?
> I thought somebody mentioned it.

Attached you find the files Bryan gave me once.

Check if it contains all you need/want
it's cvs-kde based so you gotto checkout from cvs first, but it's a start.

> PS: Just one OT question: "/usr/local/tmp". Should this exist ?
> If yes, what about permissions ?

I'd just use /tmp and symlink /usr/tmp and /usr/local/tmp and /var/tmp and
/usr/var/tmp and whatever to that dir. It's not a very important dir, just
temporary files so I tend to keep them all in one dir which makes for easier
clean up. Give it mode 1777 (don't forget the 1 there, so you can't remove
other people's files which you normally would be able to due to the
world-write bit).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org