Updated syntax.txt (was: looking for syntax wor...)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 9 19:38:07 PST 2001

On January  9, 2001 10:28 pm, atark at thepipeline.net wrote:

> > Here is an updated syntax.txt.  As soon as I get CVS access I'll commit
> it.  Also let me know what you think.  I'm sure it's not 100% complete
> or accurate (moving target you know) but it's closer.

When Jesse gets back home he's going to make some changes to CVS (access
control list wise). When those changes are made you'll get your CVS account.
Can you wait a few days with it? If Jesse isn't back home in time I will set
it up for you, but to save us some time later I'd like to hold of if that's
ok with you.

> 1. Is it really necessary to have both tag and notag scenerious in
> ALFS?  Seems a bit confusing and not consistent in a few places.  Seems
> like either one or the other makes more sense depending on which tag.
>
> 2. This document should be converted to SGML, HTML, or something, I
> would (and maybe will) volunteer for this but I'm not sure if I can put
> in the time learn the SGML/Docbook stuff.

Don't worry about the DocBook stuff, there's where I come in. I have written
an entire book in DocBook so we figured I'd be easiest if I do the
conversion. I have the tools installed on my box to do the job and all that.
I won't take me more than a few minutes to make the conversion and render
into html, ps, pdf, whatever format you can think of.

I will get to the DocBook conversion coming Friday. That gives me some time
to read over your work and make changes if needed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org