whitespace

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Jan 29 07:02:09 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 07:22:08AM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> > In <textdump> we don't need any whitespace at all except for indentation.
> > And I'm not sure that parser can be that smart to figure out himself what's
> > whitespace for_the_profile_to_look_nicer, and what's actual indentation.
> >
> > Or maybe it can ? :)
>
> that's what I thought it said from what I posted. But
> you didn't succeed with that???? Is something broke?

No, nothing is broke, I just don't think it does that we need.

With "DiscardSpacesIn", we get extra space in PCDATA element, but that has
nothing to do with actual <textdump> element _contents_.

With "KeepSpacesIn", I don't see any change.

For:

<textdump file="filename" dir="/tmp">
        slibdir=/lib
        sysconfdir=/etc
</textdump>

without fix_text() and '=' sign fix we get:

        slibdir=/lib
        sysconfdir=/etc

and we need:

slibdir=/lib
sysconfdir=/etc

Even if we cut that extra space, how could we know that that wasn't
indentation. I think that we have to have some mark ("=" for now) which will
serve us as "column 0". I agree that it would be nice if we could avoid that,
but I'm just not sure that Twig can help us.

But please try playing with it's arguments.
I may be seriously wrong about all this. :)

Neven