whitespace

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Sun Jan 28 19:03:41 PST 2001

from XML::Twig docs

DiscardSpaces
If this optional argument is set to a true value then spaces are discarded
when they look non-significant: strings containing only spaces are discarded.
This argument is set to true by default.

KeepSpaces
If this optional argument is set to a true value then all spaces in the
document are kept, and stored as PCDATA. KeepSpaces and DiscardSpaces cannot
be both set.

DiscardSpacesIn
This argument sets KeepSpaces to true but will cause the twig builder to
discard spaces in the elements listed. The syntax for using this argument is:
new XML::Twig( DiscardSpacesIn => [ 'elt1', 'elt2']);

KeepSpacesIn
This argument sets DiscardSpaces to true but will cause the twig builder to
keep spaces in the elements listed. The syntax for using this argument is:
new XML::Twig( KeepSpacesIn => [ 'elt1', 'elt2']);

I think we should use DiscardSpacesIn and have it like

new XML::Twig( DiscardSpacesIn => [ 'textdump']);

Would get rid of that problem in textdump, while keeping whitespace
significant....

or?

Bryan