handlers

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Jan 28 14:35:59 PST 2001

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 11:38:11AM -0500, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Id like to see this, but the backend will have to actually log it (as
> the frontend's have to get all there information from the backend, no?
> considering it's doing all the work =) then it could be streamed to the
> frontend's, etc... or kept on disk, dunno..

Everything that is now displayed on the screen when the backend is started
should probably be sent to the frontend. But I don't think that actual _saving_
of that information on disk should be done by the backend. I think that that's
still something that _user_ wants (or not), so that's why I meant that it would
be maybe better that the frontend do it (saving to disk part).
And of course, you'll have a much more interesting time in coding that. ;)

BTW, have you started on that 2.4.4 updating? I finished chap5, but I don't
think I'm going to do the rest. It's not very interesting job. :)
If you don't have time, maybe we should post "Help needed: Chapters updating"
message to alfs-discuss? It will be nice involving more people like that.

Neven