no tag value scenario

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Jan 25 16:40:48 PST 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:10:46PM -0500, atark at thepipeline.net wrote:
> I can put a note in, but just one concern.  In some cases it is
> implemented, in other cases it is the only scenerio implemented
> (patch).  It should not take much to implement the rest.  I could
> implement this in the code myself if you like, seems pretty straight
> forward unless I am missing something.

Hm, good point ... forget about that note. :)

And about implementing it, sure, go ahead.
Currently I'm finishing that error checking, so it shouldn't be
a problem (no common code, CVS conflicts and other crap :).

We just have to decide what to do if the both "scenarios" are in the profile.

Should that be (for example):

	my $dest = fix_text($elt->text) || $elt->att('destination');
or
	my $dest = $elt->att('destination') || fix_text($elt->text);

There are even cases where we could allow something like:

	<remove target="/usr/bin/gunzip">/bin/gunzip</remove>

and use _both_ "$elt->text" and "$elt->att('attribute')" values.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea though ?

Neven