add check to see if alfs is called by user root

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Jan 20 11:29:20 PST 2001

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 12:58:23PM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> > Yes, this would be nice. We could allow that attribute not only in
> > configure and compile part as a normal user, and installation as a root for
> > example. That info and user names could be read from the user profile.

> I don't know if this is a good idea either. :) Why, system profiles/package
> profiles, should really be generic. Thats why we keep adding entities to
> tags, to make them less "specific". Why are we going to add a as_user=\
> to those "generic" system profiles?
>
> I agree we should make some differences, but I don't think it needs to
> be in the system profile......

Well, like I said, those user names could be read from the _user_ profile.

/me thinks

You are probably right. There is no need for those attributes if we are going
to use that user profile.

The way I see it now, the user can select which packages to install as a
different user (himself), using a frontend, then those changes are written in
a user profile, and then the backend is started. The backend will check the
user profile, the way you suggested, and will install packages the way user
told him to.

Neven