add check to see if alfs is called by user root

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Jan 19 16:21:39 PST 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 10:15:22AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> As for packages installed by a regular user:
>
> force back-end to be run as root. If a user wants a package to be installed
> as non-root, add an attribute in the profile's <packagd> tag like the
> following (just an example may not be a great example):
>
> <package name="cdplayer" version="1.0" as_user="gerard">
> </package>
>
> This should cause the back-end to install the package as user 'gerard'. This
> can be accomplished by having back-end do something similar to "su gerard"
> before running configure, make and make install.

Yes, this would be nice. We could allow that attribute not only in <package>,
but in <config>/<make>/... tags too. That way we could do configure and
compile part as a normal user, and installation as a root for example.
That info and user names could be read from the user profile.

All this, of course, if we figure out _how_ to "su gerard". :)

Neven