little problem here

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 19 08:50:22 PST 2001

> It happens when your source and destination files are on a different
> partitions (/home and /usr in your case).

I figured so much (from the invalid cross-device link) but 'mv' did work so I
wasn't sure if this was a perl problem or deeper somewhere (in older mv
versions you couldn't move across devices either. not sure if this was a
limitation in 'mv' code or perhaps in the kernel or glibc).

> I'll cvs ci latter today along with some other changes (Twig problem,
> smaller changes for "use strict" and <textdump> whitespace problem).

Great

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org