splitting handlers into files

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Jan 18 12:00:44 PST 2001

I got this idea by reading webmin docs and Bryan's ideas for that time
management application.

We would have:

ALFS/backend/alfs
ALFS/backend/chap4
ALFS/backend/chap5
ALFS/backend/chap5
ALFS/backend/handlers/mkdir
ALFS/backend/handlers/copy
ALFS/backend/handlers/move
etc.

Main code (alfs) would simple read (do() or whatever) all files from "handlers"
directory.

I see two benefits of this:

o  It would be _much_ easier to maintain a code/tag handlers and adding
   more stuff in them (error checking for example) would not be that hard
   or messy.

o  It could allow easy adding of new tags and their handlers written by
   somebody else without messing with the main code (think webmin now! :)

Anyway, tell me your opinions about this one, personally I really think it can
help us a lot.

Neven