alfs fails to execute ...

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Jan 15 14:04:49 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 10:40:42PM +0100, Nicholas Dille wrote:
> as i said in my first mail, i have perl 5.005_03.
> if you need anymore information to track this error down just tell me :-)
>
> > mkdir() mask defaults to "0777" so I'm not sure I understand what
> > could cause
> > the problem.
>
> AFAIR the manpage does not tell anything about mkdir defaulting to anything
> :-(
> as i have done a lot of perl programming already, i'm quite surprised to
> hear
> anything like that ... i've never come across a mkdir default mode

Yes, that's it.

<quote from="perl-5.6.0/Changes">

	Version v5.5.660
	----------------

	<snip>

	Log: default mkdir() mode argument to 0777

</qoute>

So I guess it's time for me to install some older versions and start fixing
errors like this.

BTW, in perl 5.6.0 that mask argument must be a number, not a string, I assume
that's ok with older versions.

Also, did you complete installation after fixing this error? I don't want to
do multiple commits for this "backward compatible" fixes.

Thanks again,

Neven