alfs fails to execute ...

Nicholas Dille DarkYeti at gmx.net
Mon Jan 15 13:40:42 PST 2001

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 09:51:46PM +0100, Nicholas Dille wrote:
> > ... due to an mangled mkdir statement. i added a diff to fix that.
> >
> > i don't know whether this is an correct statement in perl-5.6 but it
> > does not seem so in perl-5.005_03.
>
> Can you give us some more info, like where and how it fails?
> What error message did you get?

well, sorry, i could've right away ...

it fails right after i start it off with "./alfs-1.12.pl <profile.xml>" with
the following error message.

-----------------8<----------------------
Not enough arguments for mkdir at ./alfs-1.12.pl line 240, near "$_) "
Execution of ./alfs-1.12.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
-----------------8<----------------------

as i said in my first mail, i have perl 5.005_03.
if you need anymore information to track this error down just tell me :-)

> mkdir() mask defaults to "0777" so I'm not sure I understand what
> could cause
> the problem.

AFAIR the manpage does not tell anything about mkdir defaulting to anything
:-(
as i have done a lot of perl programming already, i'm quite surprised to
hear
anything like that ... i've never come across a mkdir default mode

regards
nic.