Updated syntax.txt (was: looking for syntax wor...)

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Jan 12 06:33:16 PST 2001

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 01:56:09AM +0000, Bryan Dumm wrote:
> > 1. Is it really necessary to have both tag and notag scenerious in
> > ALFS?  Seems a bit confusing and not consistent in a few places.  Seems
> > like either one or the other makes more sense depending on which tag.
>
> So far umm yes, unless people want to kill the notag scenario....

This one does. :)

> Tag value: alternate configure command (!= "./configure")
>
> what does this mean?

I assume the configure command that is _not_ "./configure".
Like "../gcc-2.95.2/configure" for example. I agree it's a bit confusing.

> on the FIXME: NET YET IMPLEMENTED!

FIXME: NOT YET IMPLEMENTED!
FIXME: NOTE YET IMPLEMENTED!
FIXME: NET YET IMPLEMENTED!

And the answer is ... FIXME: NOT YET IMPLEMENTED! !!!

5 points :)

> what are we going to do with those elements????

<makefs>

	I'm not sure if there is way other then system command?

<permissions>

	We should implement it (MAKEDEV, yacc, makewhatis, files in /var,
	scripts, etc. And not just for LFS profile.)

<setenv>/<unsetenv>

	It's not really needed, but it can make things look prettier?

There are a few more typos (mainly in examples) but it's a good work in
general and will help us a lot.

Neven