Updated syntax.txt (was: looking for syntax wor...)

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Thu Jan 11 17:56:09 PST 2001

Howdy

> 1. Is it really necessary to have both tag and notag scenerious in
> ALFS?  Seems a bit confusing and not consistent in a few places.  Seems
> like either one or the other makes more sense depending on which tag.

So far umm yes, unless people want to kill the notag scenario....

some updates to syntax.txt

------------------

all the examples at the bottom are old. Use some from chap4, chap5, chap6
instead.

------------------

Used for executing external system commands (make, patch, configure, etc)

make, patch, configure, etc

we have elements for all of these examples.

system_command dir="&LFS;&builddir;/linux">yes <![CDATA[""]]> | make
config</system_command>

<system_command param1="-i en_US" param2="-f ISO-8859-1
en_US">localedef</system_command>

<system_command dir="/dev">chmod 755 MAKEDEV</system_command>

<system_command dir="/dev" param1="-v"
param2="generic">./MAKEDEV</system_command>

<system_command dir="/">touch /var/run/utmp /var/log/wtmp /var/log/btmp
/var/log/lastlog</system_command>

are other examples...

The ALFS Profile is based heavily on XML, this descriptes the basic syntax

describes is spelled wrong...

Tag value: alternate configure command (!= "./configure")

what does this mean?

on the FIXME: NET YET IMPLEMENTED!

what are we going to do with those elements????

Bryan