bdumm waves a flag was(Re: make install watcher)

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Wed Jan 10 08:31:11 PST 2001

> On January 10, 2001 12:50 am, atark at thepipeline.net wrote:
> > Is the only downside to installchecker/installwatch is that the output
> > is not formatted to our liking? It should not be that hard to hack it
> > and get what we are looking for, although it is another package that
> > would be needed to add to LFS and/or ALFS.  Another issue, is it going
> > to catch when LFS/ALFS moves files around after "make install".  If I
> > get a chance I'll try and take a look at it in the next day or so,
> > unless someone else gets to it first.
>
> Yes, if you run this, installwatch will catch moving the files around:
> installwatch mv LFS/usr/bin/bash $LFS/bin
>
> That means every single command we execute must be preceeded by
> 'installwatch' so it can trap any operation that's done.

ok, so then installwatch will do that one then....

I don't care much about how installwatch operates as we wouldn't
be calling "installwatch" as a program but more like a

sub tag_make_install {

&installwatch($elt) = system "make -params";

}

this would have the

sub installwatch {

doing whatever we wanted