Suggestion for unpack tag

atark at thepipeline.net atark at thepipeline.net
Tue Jan 9 21:41:38 PST 2001

Just an idea, but it would be nice to not have to specify whether an
archive is .tar.bz2 or .tar.gz, the unpack function could figure this
out on its own.  We would just give the base part of the archive name.
I came upon this because I had converted all my archives to *.tar.bz2.
Because of this the chap5 profile fails (yes I could just edit the
profile). Point being many time you can choose to d/l either, not
everybody chooses the same one.

There could be other solutions, I'm all ears.  I'm also willing to code
this mod and submit/commit the changes.

--Andy

--
<atark at thepipeline.net>