make install watcher

Ron885 the l33t linux d00d ron885 at linuxfreemail.com
Tue Jan 9 19:12:05 PST 2001

On Tuesday 09 January 2001  7:51 pm, Ron885 the l33t linux d00d wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 January 2001  7:49 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > > With that um... installchecker or whatevertf it's called... it's
> > > supposed to make a slackware uninstall log... Isn't that plaintext?
> >
> > You tell me? I don't use Slackware. I'm an LFS kinda guy :) And before
> > LFS I had Debian, so I just have never seen Slackware so I know nothing
> > about it.
>
> That's the only thing... I didn't pay much attention when I used
> slackware... and i used it for a short time... i'll see really quick right
> now what it looks like by using this thing...

Ok, i just ran checkinstall and I don't really have the time to figure this
whole thing out cuz i still have to not, err do... my homework... but
basically in the end it makes a tar.gz of all the files that were
installed... so it has a list somewhere of all those files, so if you just
took that list and made some code from then on.... it might work.. it does
inclue directories tho... but i'm sure there could be a way to strip them
out... like if it ends in / or something...
--
Ron885
Linux: The smart choice! - http://yalc.linuxsquare.net